1. All other Heartland rules and policies apply to private lessons, as stated on the Enrollment Form signed at the time of enrollment for Private lessons with Heartland Gymnastics Academy
2. Heartland Enrollment form must be on file before 1st private lesson and for each new session (Fall/Spring & Summer)
3. After a time for your private has been set, exchange phone numbers and emails with your instructor to correspond with them directly.
A class cancellation will need to be communicated to your coach a minimum of 2 hours before regularly scheduled class time. Failure to notify your instructor in this time frame or a “no show” will result in a charge for the lesson. It is your responsibility to notify your teacher if you are unable to attend a private lesson.
1. There is an annual enrollment/registration fee of $20 per child, not to exceed $40 per family. (The fee is $5 for the summer session for students who were not enrolled during the Fall or Spring sessions.)
2. Private lessons will be billed on the 1st of the month for the previous month’s lessons, based on attendance and coaches’ timesheets, by the Office. Payments are to be made after billing at the end of the month after bills have been sent. Payments are due by the 15th of each month for the previous month’s lessons. Private lessons are billed at a rate of $30/hr for Heartland instructors, $40 for owners.
3. Checks are to be paid to Heartland Academy, not to your coach. Payments made directly to coaches are prohibited and punishable at the discretion of the owners of Heartland Academy.
4. A $10 late fee will be added to any balance remaining after the 15th of the month.
a. Online: Log on to your parent portal HERE to pay by card.
b. Check: Please put your payment in the locked “Payment” dropbox to the left of the office window. Mark in your check memo what you are paying for and the gymnast’s name. Checks may be mailed to Heartland Academy 1803 General Custer Rd. Hays, KS 67601 to be received by the 15th to avoid late fees. There is a $30 charge on all returned checks.
c. Cash payment: Should only be made to the office or Heartland owner, Tawnita Augustine. Cash receipts are available during office hours. Do not give payment to a coach.
d. Card: You may pay your account balances by card in the office during office hours.
e. You may place your account on Auto Pay which will charge your card automatically on the 1st of each month! (If the 1st falls on a weekend it will be charged the Monday directly after the first)
Parents or guardians must sign a paper Enrollment & Release Form prior to their child’s participation for each new session enrolled. Inquire in the office. This is done each new season (Fall and summer) Online Enrollment is not available for private lessons. Please contact us for enrollment info.
Any child who owes more than 2 months’ worth of fees will be unable to attend unless special arrangements are made with the office.
-16 days past due, $10 late fee applied, statement is mailed to you
-60 days past due, an additional $10 late fee & a certified letter will be sent notifying of filing at a collections agency in 30 days AND enrollment is suspended until the account is paid in full.
-90 days past due balance is filed on collections at Check Recovery Solutions LLC collections agency where you may incur additional court fees, filing fees, postage fees, interest, etc
You are required to give a 2-week written notice to withdraw from the program. If your child stops attending private lessons, but we have not received written notice of withdrawal, you will be responsible for lesson fees up to 2 weeks after we receive said notice.
Heartland’s primary method of communication is email. Statements are emailed a minimum of 3x/mo until paid to date. Letters are then sent in an attempt to collect fees due with late fees. It is the Parent/guardian’s responsibility to check emails (and spam folders if needed) to get gym information. By enrolling at Heartland, you understand the fees are due by the 15th of each month, regardless if you have looked for the emailed statements sent monthly. You can always call the office to get your fees due, but we take great strides to make sure you have gotten the information you need to pay your monthly fees in a timely manner. If you are not receiving appropriate communication from Heartland, it is your responsibility to contact the Heartland office to inquire as to why (incorrect email address, mailing address, etc).
1. Please notify your coach directly of scheduling conflicts and/or makeup lesson scheduling a minimum of 2 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time to not be charged for the missed lesson.
2. If you fail to notify your coach of your absence it will be recorded as a no-show and you will be charged for the lesson.
3. It is preferred that you attend the same day and time each week to avoid gym scheduling conflicts
4. Any late attendance will be charged for the whole scheduled lesson. i.e. if you arrive 15 minutes late to your lesson, your lesson will still end at the scheduled time and you will be charged for the entire scheduled lesson.
1. Girls are to wear a leotard (a one-piece swimsuit will also work). No 2 pieces or skirted leotards are allowed at any time. If the lesson is for tumbling or cheer, students may wear snug-fitting shirts/tanks and shorts. No bra and shorts. No visible midriff allowed. Boys are to wear reasonable shorts (not too baggy) and a snug-fitting T-shirt tucked in. Barefoot is preferable, but cotton socks may be worn in cooler weather.
2. All mid-length to long hair should be pulled back or up in some manner. EVERY CLASS and at ALL TIMES!
3. Post earrings may be worn, but no other jewelry should be worn.
4. Students should ask their instructor before leaving the gym, including during restroom or drink breaks.
5. Parents are asked to pick up their children promptly after class. Please meet them in the gym for your child’s safety. No students are allowed to leave the gym without an approved guardian in escort.
6. Students, as well as parents, are instructed that no food or drinks other than water and sports drinks are allowed in the gym at any time. Chewing gum, candy, etc. are not allowed in the gym.
7. All students are to put their clothing, jackets, shoes, etc in a cubby along the east wall of the gym to keep the runway and seating area safe and clear.